We would like to tell you about an easy and wonderful way to raise money for St. Christopher School that benefits all students and their families.
What is SCRIP?
SCRIP is a term that means “substitute money”. When you purchase SCRIP, you are purchasing gift certificates and pre-paid gift cards that are used just like cash. You can use SCRIP to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, gas and other essentials. With every purchase of a SCRIP gift card, you help St. Christopher earn money. SCRIP is a popular fundraiser because families do not have to sell anything. You use SCRIP to make your regular purchases and St. Christopher earns a profit.
How does St. Christopher earn money through SCRIP?
St. Christopher purchases SCRIP gift cards at a discount. For example, a $100 Speedway gift card costs St. Christopher $95. We earn $5 or 5% for our school when you buy a Speedway card. The percentages earned range from 2% to 15% or more. The greater our parish participation, the greater our profit. These SCRIP profits are used to keep tuition costs as low as possible and reduce the parish subsidy of the school.
How Can I participate in the SCRIP Program?
1. Register your Kroger Plus Card with St. Christopher and we will earn a % of every food purchase. St. Christopher will receive a check from Kroger once a quarter. Kroger checks average $4000 a quarter. That’s $16,000 a year profit with very little effort! The greater our enrollment percentage, the greater our profits!
2. Buy gift cards from our In Stock Inventory such as:
• Arby’s $10
• Bob Evans $10
• Burger King $10
• Chipotle $10
• Cold Stone $10
• Cracker Barrel $10
• iTunes $15
• Kohl’s $25 & $100
• Meijer $25 & $100
• O’Charleys $25
• Outback $25
• Panera $10 & $25
• Red Lobster/Olive Garden $25
• Speedway $25 & $100
• Subway $10
• Taco Bell $10
• Target $25
• Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club $25 & $100
• Wendy’s $10
3. Place an order from an extensive list of restaurants, hotels, home improvement stores and other retailers. Orders are processed on the 1st and 3rd weekends of the month. Orders and payment need to be received by the end of the 6pm Mass during weekend sales. Orders placed Sunday night, will be ready for pickup by Thursday. Order a gift card for yourself or to give as a gift for special occasions. SCRIP gift cards make excellent stocking stuffers, end of the year teacher gifts, and graduation presents.
4. Set up a Monthly Standing Order. Fill out a Standing Order form for those purchases you make on a regular basis such as food (Meijer, Wal-Mart) or gas (Speedway). Send in payment by the 15th of the month to receive your order by the 1st weekend of the following month.
Where can I buy SCRIP or Submit an Order?
1. SCRIP is on sale in the Bridal Room after all Masses the 1st and 3rd weekends of the month. You can request to have your Standing Order available for pickup during sales. All gift cards that need to be ordered will be ordered after the 6pm Mass and will be ready for pickup on Thursday in the school office and during school breaks and summer, in the parish office.
2. You can send your order and payment in through the school office. All in stock cards will be processed either that day or the day after. Non inventory cards will be ordered the 1st or 3rd weekend, depending on when the order is received, and will be ready by Thursday of that week. You can pick your order up at the school office during business hours, have it sent home with your child or pick it up at weekend sales.
3. Call in an order to our SCRIP line @ 898-3542 ext. 450. Orders will be processed in the same way as orders sent in through the school. Payment must be received before any cards are ordered.
4. During all school breaks and during the summer months, SCRIP can be purchased during the week at the parish office during regular business hours.
How can I pay for SCRIP?
We only accept cash or checks as payment for SCRIP.
NOTE: SCRIP cards are like cash. Please keep them in a safe place. St. Christopher is not responsible for replacing SCRIP cards that have been lost or stolen.
The SCRIP program has earned over $100,000 in profit for the St. Christopher School budget since the program started. That’s $100,000 in income that did not have to come from parents in the form of higher tuition rates or from the parish subsidy. Many thanks to all the families, relatives and businesses who support SCRIP. Your support of the SCRIP program is greatly appreciated! If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call the parish office at 898-3542, or call call Susan Bruggeman at 825-9846.