Fundraiser While You Shop
We would like to tell you about an easy and wonderful way to raise money for St. Christopher School and Center for Children that benefits all students and their families.
What is SCRIP?
SCRIP is a term that means “substitute money”. When you purchase SCRIP, you are purchasing gift certificates and pre-paid gift cards that are used just like cash. You can use SCRIP to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, gas and other essentials. With every purchase of a SCRIP gift card, you help St. Christopher earn money. SCRIP is a popular fundraiser because families do not have to sell anything. You use SCRIP to make your regular purchases and St. Christopher earns a profit. Order a gift card for yourself or to give as a gift for special occasions. SCRIP gift cards make excellent stocking stuffers, end of the year teacher gifts, and graduation presents.
How does St. Christopher earn money through SCRIP?
St. Christopher purchases SCRIP gift cards at a discount. For example, a $100 Speedway gift card costs St. Christopher $95. We earn $5 or 5% for our school when you buy a Speedway card. The percentages earned range from 2% to 15% or more. The greater our parish participation, the greater our profit. These SCRIP profits are used to keep tuition costs as low as possible and reduce the parish subsidy of the school. Essential facility improvements, for example the school intercom system, was made possible school because of the funding provided by SCRIP sales.
How Can I participate in the SCRIP Program?
- Register your Kroger Plus Card with St. Christopher and we will earn a % of every food purchase. St. Christopher will receive a check from Kroger once a quarter. Kroger checks average $4000 a quarter. That’s $16,000 a year profit with very little effort! The greater our enrollment percentage, the greater our profits! Simply log into your Kroger account online, go to your account information, select Community Rewards, search and select St. Christopher.
- Place an order from our paper order-form, which includes an extensive list of popular restaurants, hotels, home improvement stores and other retailers. You can send your order and payment in through the school/parish office. All in-stock inventory cards will be processed either that day or the day after. All orders and payment need to be received by noon on Monday. Orders will be placed Monday afternoon and will be ready for pickup during business hours on Friday or may be sent home with your child with authorization.
- Call in an order to our SCRIP line @ 898-3542 ext. 450. Orders will be processed in the same way as orders sent in through the school. Payment must be received before any cards are ordered.
- Set up a Monthly Standing Order. Fill out a Standing Order form for those purchases you make on a regular basis such as food (Meijer, Wal-Mart) or gas (Speedway). Send in payment by the 15th of the month to receive your order by the 1st weekend of the following month.
- During all school breaks and during the summer months, SCRIP can be purchased during the week at the parish office during regular business hours.
Can I purchase SCRIP online?
YES! In fact, there are MANY MORE gift card selections available online! The option to purchase eGift-Cards, reloadable, and reload-now cards are also available online.
- To order online via a computer, visit:
- www.shopwithscrip.com — in the upper right corner, click on SIGN IN, then click REGISTER, enter the CODE: E26F25AE3L62
- If you are using a mobile device, use their mobile-friendly site:
- www.myscripwallet.com (login as above)
How can I pay for SCRIP?
- For paper order-forms: We only accept cash or checks (made out to: St. Christopher) as payment for SCRIP.
- For online orders: Secured payment accepted via credit-card* or bank account* information. *Fees do apply
NOTE: SCRIP cards are like cash. Please keep them in a safe place. St. Christopher is not responsible for replacing SCRIP cards that have been lost or stolen.