October 1, 2021
Hello Falcon Family,
Town Hall Meeting: last night’s meeting was not very peaceful and I apologize for the role I played in that. We will do things differently next time. A few things surfaced near the end of the meeting:
- Masking Plan: our plan is to review internal and external data during the month of October and then make a decision, with parent input, as to our masking policy going forward. We would like to see an improvement in our total number of cases and cases of spread, as well as an improvement in the effects of the new strain on children in our area.
- Future Vaccination Requirement: we were unaware that some parents saw our mask mandate as a bridge to a potential school vaccination mandate in the future. That was never a thought and last night was the first time it was discussed. It is not our intention to mandate a Covid vaccination. If, however, the government mandates one, we will have to discuss it at that time.
- Another Apology: I am truly sorry for using the term “anti-masker”. Until last night, I did not know it was a disparaging term. I guess I am a covidiot. I learned that last night too. Seriously though, I am sorry.
Parent/Teacher Conferences: registration details to follow next week.
- In-Person: Thursday October 14th from 3:00-7:30 PM
- Virtual: Friday October 15th from 8:00-11:30 AM
Baby Bottles: Students received a baby bottle from Elizabeth’s New Life Center. ENLC provides positive solutions to unexpected pregnancies. It costs ENLC $500 to save the life of 1 baby. Our goal is to save the life of 14 babies!! Please fill your baby bottles with loose change, dollar bills, or checks! Please return your bottle to school no later than October 13th.
Coats for Kids: once gain Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley is partnering with WDTN for the Coats for Kids campaign. St. Christopher is one of many partner schools that collect winter coats for those in need this winter! We are looking for new or gently used coats, and primarily in the newborn to 4T range. However, we will accept any coats donated. Once our coats are collected they will be cleaned and then distributed to the needy. The last day to donate coats is October 15th.
Prayers for a blessed and peaceful weekend.
God Bless & Go Falcons!
St. Christopher School Principal