April 29, 2021
Hello Falcon Families!
No School tomorrow Friday April 30th.
PTO will host a meeting in the school cafeteria at 6:00PM on Wednesday May 5th. I will be present for questions and suggestions. If you are unable to attend the meeting, but have questions, please feel free to email your questions to me. We will compile a Meeting FAQ and share it in my next newsletter.
Field Day will be on Friday, May 21st.
- he morning will be outside to allow students to compete in groups with students from various grades. There will be hand sanitizer at each station for students to use before and after the event. While outside, the students will not need to wear masks.
- The afternoon will be inside in one’s homeroom.
- Volunteers are needed from 8:00AM – 12:15PM. Please complete this Form by Friday May 7th, if you are able to help. All volunteers must be VIRTUS trained. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Ashley Schwieterman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Face Coverings/Masks: the April 5th public health order stating children under age 10 do not need to wear facemasks was amended on April 9th to state “The Director’s Order signed August 13, 2020 requiring the use of Facial Coverings in Child Education Settings remains in effect and supersedes any conflict with this Order. Only those exemptions listed in the August 13, 2020 Order apply in the education settings.” A copy of the amended order can be found here.
8th Grade Car Wash for Heifer International will be held this Saturday May 1st from 12:00-3:00PM in the school parking lot. The cost is $10 per car.
The 2021 Spring Gala (May 6th-8th) will be an Online Auction. The Gala is the single largest fund raising event exclusively for the children of our parish. The programs benefitting from this event include St. Christopher’s School and Center for Children. Please check the St. Christopher Spring Gala Facebook page for sneak peeks of the auction items. The bidding link and more details are coming soon!
City Barbeque Fundraiser:
- City Barbeque Miller Lane, 6549 Miller Lane, Dayton OH 45414, (937) 200-1660
- Monday May 3rd from 11:00AM-9:00PM.
- The dining room will be closed, but orders can be placed by phone, app, or online at https://order.citybbq.com/menu/miller-lane
- Must use code “FundA” for St. Chris to get credit.
- We have a minimum amount to meet, so the more participants the better!
- Please see below for more details:
COVID-19 Exposures: if your student is exposed to a positive case, please do not have him/her immediately tested. For the time being, we will be using the CDC’s 7-Day Reduced Duration option that recommends close contacts:
- Quarantine for 7 full days after the last exposure to a positive case.
- Obtain a negative test result from a sample collected on Day 5 or later.
- Remain asymptomatic.
- May return to school on the 8th day.
Have a Blessed Weekend!
St. Christopher, pray for us!
St. Christopher School Principal