August 1, 2020
Hello Falcon Families!
As promised, today is registration day!
The County Health Department published a document yesterday recommending all Montgomery County K-12 schools “begin the 2020 fall academic year in a remote learning environment as the preferred option for students.” I recommend you read that document before completing your registration survey. The document can be found at this link:
Montgomery County Public Health Department K-12 Reopening Guidance
Our team needs some time to fully process the County’s recommendations and to better understand our options. In the meantime, we would still like your registration preferences based on all current information.
The Registration Survey
- Please complete a separate registration for every student.
- Please complete the survey at your earliest convenience and no later than Sunday midnight.
- You are registering into a model for the months of August and September. We will do our best to accommodate you, if your needs change before October 1.
- The survey contains two questions representing two different scenarios that differ only in the amount of social distance.
- Scenario #1: Classrooms are 6 feet of social distance (no masks while seated at desks).
- Scenario #2: Classrooms are 5 feet of social distance (no masks while seated at desks).
- Your three registration options for each scenario are:
- I want my child learning at home.
- I want my child learning in school.
- I am flexible and willing to do the 3-2 model in order to make more space in school for families who are not able to be flexible.
- As a reminder, the 3-2 model means three days in school and two days at home during Week A and then two days in school and three days at home during Week B.
- If you say you are flexible and open to the 3-2 model, we may ask your child to rotate on the 3-2 model. We will contact you after processing the registration survey results to confirm whether your child will be in school full time or in the 3-2 model.
- In choosing the 3-2 model, we recognize and appreciate your sacrifice for the greater community. Thank you!
The St. Christopher School Reopening Registration Survey
We realize COVID-19 details can change daily, but we still need to move forward. We still need to plan, so we still need your feedback. Please answer the survey to the best of your ability given the information you have today. It may be imperfect, but it the best we can do.
Thank you for your understanding and your patience as we all process new information and try to make decisions together. St. Christopher is a great community! Live or virtual, we will remain a great community!
God Bless & Go Falcons!
St. Christopher School Principal