October 8, 2021
- New Masking Survey
- I will be sending a new survey tomorrow/Saturday at 12:00 PM Noon.
- I will be using our new FACTS texting platform. If you do not receive the text, please email me.
- A new parent focus group has been formed to discuss current and future Covid plans. Our first meeting will be next week.
- Montgomery County K-12 Covid Stats
- 2,248 K-12 cases so far in the ’21-22 school year versus a total of 2,741 cases in the ’20-221 school year (82%)
- 261 K-12 cases were reported the week of 9/27
- 8% decrease from the prior week
- 1.2 times higher than the winter peak of the ’20-21 school year
- K-12 cases account for 18% of Montgomery County total cases
- Registration will be open through Wednesday.
- Please click on this Conference Registration Link to register. You can also register directly on our website.
- In-Person Conferences: Thursday, October 14th from 3:00-7:30 PM
- Virtual Conferences: Friday, October 15th from 8:00-11:30 AM
- Google Meet links will be sent out by individual teachers on Thursday.
Educational Apparel will be in the school library during conferences on Thursday, October 14th from 3:00-6:00 PM. Please click here for more details.
High School Visits for 8th Graders
- Discovery Days
- Many high schools offer discovery days where individual students and often entire 8th-grade classes are invited to visit the high school for a day of special events and presentations.
- St. Christopher is no longer taking our entire 8th-grade class to these discovery day events, however, your student is welcome to attend individually and it will be considered an excused absence.
- Our students attend a variety of high schools and it is simply too many days out of the classroom to send an entire 8th-grade class to every school’s discovery day.
- Shadow Days
- Most high schools offer individual students the opportunity to “shadow” current high school students for a day.
- We highly recommend your student take advantage of this opportunity.
- Shadow Days are also considered excused absences.
Service Saturday: October 9 | 9 AM-12 PM
- We are helping the Vandalia Historical Society spruce up their grounds for the upcoming art park festival across from Butler.
- WHO: Teens in grades 6-12 (& in need of several adult volunteers to be present). Great opportunity to bring any younger siblings along as well who are needing service hours for school.
- WHEN: 9 am – 12 pm at the picnic shelter towards the back of the historical society across from Butler High School.
- BRING: Water bottle & if you have these items, please bring them: rake & pruning shears. Bring your service hour sheets if you need them signed.
- PLEASE REPLY in the REMIND SERVICE GROUP app if you are able to attend.
PumpkinPalooza: October 17 | 4:00PM-7:00PM (Register by October 16)
- Jr High (6-8) & High School Youth Ministry (+ sibs, fam, & friends) are invited to attend our annual Pumpkinpalooza!
- Meet us at Tom’s Maze for a campfire, cider, smores, pumpkin carving, & a go at the maze!
- We will be donating our carved pumpkins to an area nursing home. COST: $15 per person
- REGISTER HERE
Baby Bottles: Students received a baby bottle from Elizabeth’s New Life Center. ENLC provides positive solutions to unexpected pregnancies. It costs ENLC $500 to save the life of 1 baby. Our goal is to save the life of 14 babies!! Please fill your baby bottles with loose change, dollar bills, or checks! Please return your bottle to school no later than October 13th.
Coats for Kids: once gain Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley is partnering with WDTN for the Coats for Kids campaign. St. Christopher is one of many partner schools that collect winter coats for those in need this winter! We are looking for new or gently used coats, and primarily in the newborn to 4T range. However, we will accept any coats donated. Once our coats are collected they will be cleaned and then distributed to the needy. The last day to donate coats is October 15th.
Prayers for a blessed and peaceful weekend.
God Bless & Go Falcons!
St. Christopher School Principal