Hello Falcon Families!
I hope you had a blessed Labor Day weekend!
- We had our 4th positive case this week, but we still have not had spread. No spread is good news!
- Although we are not mandating a universal mask policy, we are asking you to prayerfully and sincerely consider the following:
- We value personal freedom. We also value charity and love of neighbor.
- Should the good of the (school) family come before the good of the individual?
- “Am I my brother’s keeper?” (Genesis 4:9). “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” (John 15:12)
- Masks are only partially effective. Is there value in partially protecting our loved ones?
- The effectiveness of a mask, albeit low, benefits the close contact more than the source. Therefore, the decision to not mask a potential source is a decision to not protect a close contact and, potentially, the close contact’s family.
- We have students with compromised immune systems.
- We have high-risk parents and grandparents.
- We have parents and grandparents who are receiving chemotherapy treatments and have depleted immune systems.
- We have families with newborn babies.
- We have families who cannot afford to miss work because a student or parent is in isolation or quarantine.
- These are real St. Christopher families with real issues. These are our neighbors and our loved ones.
Option C is no longer in use. Schedules, grades, and all things Option C can now be found in the FACTS Family Portal. If you are not able to find what you need in FACTS, please email me. If you have not yet logged into your FACTS Family Portal, you can see my earlier newsletter with FACTS Instructions.
Quarters: we switched from trimesters to quarters this year. You can find quarter-end dates on our School Calendar.
PTO Meeting will be Monday, September 13th at 7:00pm in the school library. This will be a traditional PTO Meeting and not a Town Hall Meeting. We will be discussing how the PTO and school can support each other. It will not be a discussion about Covid policies. Please join us! The more the merrier!
Fall Picture Day will be Thursday, September 16th. Details were sent home with students this week.
Have great weekend!
St. Christopher…pray for us!
God Bless & Go Falcons!
St. Christopher School Principal