September 3, 2021
Hello Falcon Faithful!
- Grades K-5 will no longer livestream during isolation/quarantine
- a box will be sent home with materials, books, and Chromebook
- assignments will be emailed daily; the upper grades may also use Google Classroom
- teachers will offer Office Hours via Google Meet, so students can get help
- tests/quizzes will be made up upon return
- Grades 6-8 will continue livestreaming
- Why the change?
- Moving a student from the classroom to at-home learning is taxing for parents, teachers, and all students (both in-school and at-home students). The loss of productivity by all parties can only be justified if at-home-learning/livestreaming is a long term endeavor.
- During our most recent quarantine, most students only missed two days of school and they only livestreamed for one day (after the 24 hour wait period).
- Most families prefer the seven day quarantine formula. After subtracting a 24 hour wait period and the weekend, the student will only livestream for four days. Additionally, if the infected person stays home for two days before getting tested and notifying us, then the livestreaming period will only be two days. Converting a student to at-home learning is a lot of work for such a short period of livestreaming.
Governor DeWine shared a letter through the Ohio Department of Education on Tuesday. You can read the full letter here, but here are the highlights:
- Face Mask Research Summary
- Clarified Quarantine Guidance
- “The bottom line is this: if a child is exposed to the virus, but if that child is vaccinated or if that child was wearing a mask during the exposure, that child does not need to be quarantined.”
Mask Survey: if you responded to our Mask Survey, thank you! Results: Optional Masking 54% … Mandatory Masking 46%. If you missed the Mask Survey, it is still open and I encourage you to respond.
PTO Meeting will be Monday, September 13th at 7:00pm in the school library.
After-school Tutoring will start next Thursday for grades 3 and up. Please email Mrs. Rasor with questions.
Fall Picture Day will be Thursday, September 16th. Ordering information will be coming soon.
Forms: please complete the below forms at your earliest convenience.
FORM: Parent/Student Handbook: Permissions & Agreements
FORM: Emergency & Medical Authorization
FORM: Prescription Medication: we must have a signed medication form from your physician in order to dispense medication at school.
Have a great weekend!
God Bless & Go Falcons!